Self-Guided “Ghost Stroll” in downtown Danville
September 10, 2022 - October 16, 2022
Eugene O’Neill left Tao House in 1944… but did his characters leave with him?
From Sept 10 through O’Neill’s birthday on Oct 16, discover our very own Ghosts of Tao House haunting businesses around Danville.
You will need a phone or smart device to scan QR codes to make these ghosts come alive! Each location listed below will display a QR code:
SCAN the QR code, WATCH the short videos, and LEARN about the plays and place, and some of O’Neill’s characters.
Danville businesses participating in the tour:
- American Barber Co., 312 Sycamore Valley Rd W
- Auburn Lounge, 321 Hartz Ave
- Cottage Jewel, 391 Hartz Ave
- Danville Bliss, 408 Hartz Ave
- Danville Chocolate, 175 E. Prospect Ave
- Dogma Spa, 522 Hartz Av
- Forward Motion Sports, 432 Hartz Ave
- I Can Do That Performing Arts Ctr., 194 Diablo Rd
- KM Homes, 222 Railroad Ave
- Old Town Danville Bakery, 105 Town & Country Dr
- Rakestraw Books, 3 Railroad Ave
All our ghosts were filmed at the Eugene O’Neill National Historic Site, directed and filmed by Eric Fraisher Hayes, and are portrayed by local Bay Area actors – you may recognize them from our past productions!
A BIG thank you to all our downtown Danville partners.